YouTube is a great platform for anyone who wants to use videos to market their business or brand. There are many features that help you increase your engagement and one such feature is chapters.
YouTube Video chapters help you break your video into particular sections and give each of these sections an individual preview. These chapters make it very convenient for viewers by providing more information and context about each and every preview individually.
It also allows them to watch and re-watch different parts of the video at their convenience. The task is not simple and will take up some time but in the end, it proves to be very fruitful and also helps you to increase your engagement on YouTube.
Engagements help to increase your subscriber as well as earn more money on youtube.
If you have to simplify it, we’d say that YouTube video chapters are the points where you can split a video into particular sections and each has a different title which will be visible across the timeline. Read on to know how exactly you can add chapters to your YouTube video, step by step.
In order to add chapters to one of your new YouTube videos all you have to do is follow these simple steps.
Steps to add Chapters of your new YouTube Videos:
- Get online and log in to your previously existing YouTube account. After doing this, head to your channel where you can see all the videos that have been posted to you over time.
- On the top of the screen, you will see a button that says “create”. This is the same button that you use every time you want to upload a new YouTube video so you might already know where it is. So click on the “create” icon.
- You will see a drop-down that has a lot of different options that allow you to upload a video, go live on YouTube, and much more. In order to create chapters for your YouTube video, you need to select the button that says upload video.
- Once you have uploaded the video, you will see an option that reads the description. Now under the details, you will have to add all the information relating to adding a chapter. You have to follow a particular pattern when you add the timestamps in order for the chapters to work as you want them to. The very first time stamp has to be in the format of 0:00. Now, for the video, you have to adjust all the time stamps according to the footage of your video.
The process might seem tedious but once you get a hang of it, it is fairly simple and can be done by anyone. It doesn’t take up a lot of your time but the results that it provides are amazing and will surely increase your engagement.
Now, let us see how we can add chapters to YouTube videos that have already been uploaded by you on your channel.
Steps to add Chapters of your Already uploaded Videos:
- Firstly, log in to your YouTube account that is associated with your channel.
- Go to your channel and open the gallery which shows you all the videos that have been uploaded by you previously.
- After you have opened your channel, you will see a button that reads “video”. This will take you to the glossary of all the videos that have been uploaded by you. You can go through all the videos and choose one video to that you want to add chapters.
- After you have decided on the video, hover the mouse over the video that you want to add chapters to and you will see an icon that says “details”. This button houses all the specifications of your video, so you have to click on it.
- Somewhere in the description of the video which opens up when you click on details, you will have to enter all the details for adding chapters. You have to enter the time stamps in a particular format to make sure that your chapters get added successfully and that it works. The first time stamp has to be in the following format: 0:00. You have to add all the following time stamps with the required information so that you can create chapters for your YouTube video.
All of these steps are very easy and we are sure that they should help you add chapters to your YouTube videos easily.
The practice of adding YouTube chapters to the videos that you upload to your channel has become common.
It helps you increase your engagement and establish your credibility online.
This will also help you get more views on all of your videos and boost your brand’s presence online.
This is a great tool for companies or individuals who are looking to engage in YouTube marketing tools as it helps build a larger community that contributes to increasing your business too.